Stuke Iowa Ferdinand Stuekerjuergen Inc. is using in the 3D printing area the FDM process (Fused Deposition Modeling).
The FDM process is a manufacturing process with which a work piece is assembled via the process of the melting from a plastic material.
Following materials are available:
- PEI (Ultem 9085 aviation authorized in accordance to FAR 25.853 and ABD0031)
Component size with ABS and PEI max. 914 x 609 x 914 [mm] / 36 x 24 x 36 [inch]
Component size with PC max. 406 x 355 x 406 [mm] / 16 x 14 x 16 [inch]
With large components, the option of manufacturing single parts and join them together is possible.
This manufacturing process is suitable for:
- Samples parts
- Visual objects
- Prefabricated components
- Small series
- Spare parts
- Reduction of development time
- No tool costs
- Fast processing time from the 3D data to the end product
- Possible weight optimization
- Possibility to improve wall thicknesses
- Accuracy of repetition and adaptation
- Honeycomb structure possible
- Manufacturing in accordance to defined processes
Parts can be lacquered or covered with:
- Film with a wooden, granite, marble, or many other optics (SurFace)
- CChrome plating